Friday, March 23, 2012

Words Of Encouragement

A girl came up to me at school and gave me the biggest hug. I was caught off guard for a moment but realized it was a girl named Megan, who used to be in one of my classes and it was a class that Kalani would always come and sit in to make sure none of my good looking guy classmates talked to me lol

When she let go she grabbed my hands and said "I heard that your missionary left and I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you. I know you don't know me but I know you.:')" I seriously almost started crying. She went on to ask how I was and we talked for a bit before I had to run off to class. The thing that stuck with me the most that she said was:

"Heavenly Father only chooses the strongest girls who can endure this wait and that is why Heavenly Father gave you Kalani now...BEFORE his mission. All the 'other' girls either write Dear John letters or find their missionaries AFTER their mission. God knows and loves you so much and I admire your strength. You're a chosen one."

After she told me that, it made me think a lot about how true that was. I never thought of myself of someone strong, even though people tell me that I am all the time. I guess I just do what I have to do and if I gotta cry along the way, I do. But I feel like Heavenly Father sent that girl to me to tell me exactly what I need to hear exactly when I needed to hear it:') 

I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for the friends and family who are going through the same "mission phase" as me<3 It's so nice to know and talk to people who understand what I'm going through<3 I love my support team and I cant wait to be that same kind of support for another girl :')

No comments:

Post a Comment