Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taking My Mark


As graduation approached I believed that only my mom, my sister Brooke and my cousin Fuli would be coming from Hawai'i as well as my grandparents to attend. Months before I had wished that all 4 of my brothers AND my dad could come but as time got closer my mom said that it wasn't going to happened. 

The night came to where my mom was to come in and I was able to get dropped off at the airport to greet my mom and Fuli. They came down the escalator and I was in tears already because of something that I had saw when I first got there and don't worry I'll talk about that in another post:) But I helped her with luggage and my mom gave me the phone to talk to my dad. I expressed how much I wish that he and my brothers could be there but said that I would see him in just a few weeks and that I couldnt wait for that. As conversation continued my mom called my name and I turned around and there they were:') My brothers and my dads, smiling and waiting for me to hug and cry to them<3 It was an awesome surprise and I still get goosebumps thinking about it<3 :')

Graduation happened 2 days later and it was amazing. For those of you who don't know, I attended LDS Business College and double majored for the past 3 years. When I finally dropped one, I realized that I still needed to stay an extra year, but enough about that:) The President of our school is President Richards and I swear he's going to be the next General Authority or something! Lol His talk was amazing and he spoke on how he was a swimmer in High school and how there were timers and judges and how swimmers take their mark and prepare for the swim of a lifetime. He applied that to our life and said that this is us taking our mark and that we will have our own personal judges and timers and then he wished us the best of luck<3 It was an awesome talk!

We were fortunate to have Brother Christofferson and Brother Holland of the 12 as well as Brother Hollands wife, present at graduation and their counsel to us was too amazing to explain and put into words<3 When time came to receive my diploma I saw my classmates and friends giving the General Authorities handshakes and I couldnt wait for my turn! I got up, shook President Richards hand and took my picture, trying not to cry. Then I turned around and was greeted by Sister Holland, instead of shaking her hand I hugged her:') Lol And I did that to Brother Holland, Brother Christofferson and everyone else down the line<3 After commencement people came up to me asking "Hey aren't you the girl who straight up hugged all the General Authorities!?:)" Hahaha Dang straight that was me!

Later that night my family held a get together in my honor that consisted of my closest family and friends, 200 people plus showed up lol.

Now that graduation is over its really starting to hit. Its different from graduating from High school, thats for sure. I think the only thing that I am no doubt happy about is...I dont have to do another assignment for at least 2 freekin years! Lol Yayyy for serving missions right?:') Although I miss LDSBC like crazy I will never forget the things that I learned there. I have grown not just physically and emotionally, but most of all spiritually and I think thats whats most important<3 I cannot wait to put the things that I have learned to use as I journey forward to bigger and better things<3 Here is to new goals, new challenges, new experiences and new blessings. I dont know what tomorrow may bring but I hope its good because starting now, I will be taking my mark<3 :')
(yes, I had to wear my Elders tag under my gown, so that I felt that he was there with me:'))

3 comments:

  1. I nearly teared up as well on your family part. That's the best surprise ever!! nd congrats on graduation (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you say chicken skin...haha. And i love when you say your "Hawaiian expressions" like "acking" haha. my boyfriends family is originally from hawaii and when they're all together, the pigeon comes out...haha. i love it (:

    ReplyDelete