Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ring Fingers*



The day before Valentines in 2011, I was driving back from a rugby tournament in Las Vegas. I was scared that I wasn't going to make it back in time to spend our first Valentines together, but I did<3 We talked about giving eachother promise rings when we lived apart a few months before that, but that convo slowly died. Little did he know, I remembered it & bought him his ring when I went back home for Christmas Break<3 Yes, than I hid it for 2 months until Valentines.

We shared a full day of fun memories! He even took me to build a bear (one of my dream dates) and we made a monkey who we named Marley Fitisemanu<3 Lol he sings Love Bug By. Jonas Brothers and also makes Ooh-Ooh-Ah-Ah sounds. Lol AND he took me on a horse carriage ride<3 :') It was such a great day!

That night he surprised me with dinner at the roof of the Joseph Smith building which overlooked the temple and it was breathtaking and perfect<3 Towards the end of dinner I could tell that he was getting nervous and was moving around a lot. Finally he looked at me and said, "Baby, you know that I love you right? and that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I dont know what I would ever do without you..." I just grabbed his hands and smiled. In the mean time he opened up his coat jacket and pulled out a cute silver box. As he slid it over to me, tears filled my eyes as I opened up the tiny box and there it was, the cutest, prettiest little ring. He began to say "Remember when we talked about giving eachother promise rings last year? Well I thought  today would've been the perfect time to get it for you:') I hope its not too much because I know you were worried about it looking too much like an engagement ring." I just cried and told him that it was perfect<3 I can still remember the feelings that I felt and now I cant stop looking at them as I type this:')


He went onto say: "Being that this is a promise ring I wanted to make you promises with it<3 I promise to make you the happiest girl everyday that were together which I am hoping is for eternity." He started crying too. "I promise to love you with all that I have and more and I promise that if you stick with me I will treat you like the Queen you deserve to be:')<3 I promise you that I will leave the world before I leave you<3" We both just sobbed:') It was truly such a sentimental moment and I wish I remembered all the words that were spoken but those were the main things<3 :''')

After a kiss & thank you, I told him that I was so sorry because I didn't get him anything (hehe) but he was totally okay with it and I thought to myself "THIS is why I love him<3"I asked to be excused and then ran to get his present ready in the restroom. Lol I got back to the table and then without saying a word I put the gift bag on the table and he was so shocked! His face was priceless. Lol He opened up the gold box slowly and when I knew he saw the ring he looked up to me and said "I knew we we're meant to be<3" He put the ring on and it fit perfectly, as mine did. I then made my promises. "I promise to love you beyond your past and imperfections:') I promise to support you and be the backbone you need in anything you set your heart to. Most of all, I promise that if you keep your promises in keeping me by your side, I promise that I will spend the rest of my life proving to you that you made the right choice in picking me<3 :')"


With each letter & email that I receive from Elder Fitisemanu, I feel that more promises are added on and I love it<3 As I think back a year ago on that day we made our promises, I can honestly say that til this day, our promises still remain strong<3 :') Why? Well because we are both reminded of it every day  when we look at our Ring Fingers<3 :')

8 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you that you allz postings truly uplift me.. I mean I'm not officially promised to anyone. But following your blogs truly keeps me holding onto the "hope" of true love.. Eternal & enduring love sis keep up the postings. Cause it does make me happy to see that real love still exist out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Sis! :') Thank you so much for the Love and support! I know HF is saving someone special for you<3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog via Facebook, and boy am I glad. You are the sweetest Ayesha. You are such an inspiration. I love this post - how's about I just tagi'd like a baby. Haha. I don't even know you two well, but reading your posts - you TWO ARE MEANT TO BE. It's like a movie, but not.....lol. I'm so happy for you. If it helps, 2 years goes by so fast. I hope our loving Heavenly Father watches over you and Elder Fitisemanu. All your posts are so edifying and uplifting. Bless your beautiful heart. Be strong, you can do it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Charlene sis, thank you sooo much! <3 I love you and Im coming back to PCC so get ready! Cant wait to kick it! Love you sis!

      Delete
  4. ayesha you make me SICK !! :)) stop writing please !! haha all i do is camp on yoiur blog and read read READ !! its sooooooooo CUTE <3 gosh you !! hehehe kisione's always telling me to get off hahaha and im like nooooo i have to see what she says next..lols ugh you two are too cute <3 im so happy for you sis !! he's a keeper :)) i love you cousie !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol sis, I love you! Prepare for some amazing summer! :') <3

      Delete
  5. thank you so much for your blog!!! i really admire you and your missionary..thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete