Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One Way Ticket*

As I sat at the Salt Lake City Airport waiting for my flight back to my homelands of Lai'e, Hawai'i, I was blessed to be in the presence of some of Gods chosen servants<3 I couldn't help but hold back the tears as I saw missionaries leaving, or more so returning home:') The spirit that they carried with them reflected off of them to me and then it hit me...my Elder is one of them and is part of that same army<3 I cannot describe the feeling and all I can say is I'm a sucker for being a crybaby. Lol

My mind began to drift, back to when I first moved to Utah back in September of 2009. I couldn't believe how fast the time flew by and how much I had grown. I knew I was going to miss this place a lot and saying goodbye to it was really hard. I have grown to love Salt Lake and its become my second home so now that I have just a One Way Ticket, it's kind of hard to accept that I won't be coming back.

I found it somewhat easier being in Salt Lake and knowing that Elder Fitisemanu was just a few towns over in Provo. I honestly thought it would be harder but it wasn't at all, I mean just to know that he's somewhat near, lessens the worries. Now that I am going to be farther away, I know that it will get a little harder but I also know it'll all turn out to be just fine:')


As I think more about it, I realized that one of the biggest reasons why it was going to be hard to leave Utah was because Utah was just Kalani & I, if that makes any sense. With me being from Hawai'i and him being from California, Utah was where we first met & it's been the place that created MOST of our memories together<3 It's where he asked me to be his, where we shared our first kiss, where we struggled and learned, where we opened his mission call, where we grew to not only love eachother but to learn to truly love & trust in our Savior<3 It's hard to pick up and leave from the place that created US<3 :') It's crazy to think of how much memories Salt Lake City, or just Utah and the Mainland in general, has.

Although I am going to miss this place like crazy, I am so grateful for all the things that I have learned here. I am grateful to my family, who never failed to look after me and who took such good care of me while I was here. I am grateful to LDS Business College, for teaching me that no matter what, God loves me and will always be there in my time of need. You would think that school was the place that taught you how to write essays, how to  solve math equations and etc., and although this college has taught me that, it really taught me more about bettering my relationship with my Savior<3 and words cannot express how eternally grateful I am for that:')

My chapter here in Utah is now closed and a new chapter is starting back home in Hawai'i and I look forward to the blessings of preparing for a mission<3 :') Although I am leaving, Utah will always have a special place in my heart, and don't worry, I will be back:') Thank you Salt Lake City! I miss you already.



No comments:

Post a Comment