Thursday, September 6, 2012

One Wing.


If you haven't heard the song One Wing by Jordin Sparks, then go to Youtube & listen to it as you read this blog post. Or you can just keep skipping the songs below til it reaches One Wing <3 It seriously explains my current feelings, plus I think it'll really set the mood just right. Lol

Since my last post, I think it's safe to say that I've been flying on One Wing. I've reached a crossroad in my life where I had to make hard decisions & I was hoping that whoever reads this, could help. Wow, this sounds so serious when its not. Lol But it's a question and a decision that every MG & Missionary avoid talking about..

"Is it okay for you to date, if you are waiting for a Missionary?"

When I first started this wait, this journey with my missionary, I was all for Missionary GFs just staying home in their rooms, blogging, counting down days, having a cry or two. Lol I admit, I did this for the past few months. It seemed to be perfectly fine with me, until I was asked on a date to a ball :/ I didn't want to go. Friday Night for me consisted of me just staying home, listening to slow jams and writing my missionary <3

I talked to everyone who knew my situation and 90% of them told me that it was okay to go. But I still had that guilt in my heart :( I couldn't do it but then again I couldn't say no because I didn't want to be that girl...but I also didn't want to be that Missionary Girlfriend. You Know?

After pressure, reassurrance, and a change of heart, I ended up going. 

Judging me yet?

I changed my perspective because my mom hit me with a commandment that I shouldnt stay idle. Haha Leave it to her right? People are encouraging me to still put myself out there, and that its okay because they all know Kalani is going to be the one I marry <3 "What if you are the lesson that God is trying to teach them? & you staying home, being idle, is robbing them of that?"

I dont know what to do, am I overthinking this, blowing it up over nothing? I'm open to your opinion :) No matter what it will ALWAYS be Kalani <3 No doubt. 

One Wing, Two Wings, Or No Wings, I'll still find a way to fly <3
I will always love you, Elder Fitisemanu <3


5 comments:

  1. I have been dealing with this his entire mission! At first I was hesitant and my first date was tragic... it ended up being the worst 4 weeks of my life... now calm down. If you go on a date, it probably wont end up like that. In my opinion, its okay to go on fun, group dates with a ton of people. Just remember that we are getting older and the guys aren't interested in just a one time thing anymore... they want to marry you! It's kind of creepy. If you know they won't be a threat and that they know about your missionary I say go have fun! But just be careful and always be honest with your missionary. Don't tell him about your dates, but make sure that you are just careful with the guys you date because unfortunately, people talk and rumors get around. Have fun girl! It's what he would want you to do! Just be smart, because I wasn't and it got scary for a minute. And now that I have written you a novel, just be happy and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sky You Are The Sweetest <3 Thanks So Much For The Advice! Hope Youre Doing Well! You Needa Blog So I Can Read All About Your Life! Lol Xoxos From Hawaii!

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to say that i absolutely LOVE your blog!!!!! Thanks for always updating it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your mom and missionary sound like AMAZING people. LOL :-) Love you~

    ReplyDelete